Friday, January 20, 2012

+++ LA LUKA +++





Lukus Chitty / 25 / Somerset, Southwest UK 


------------------------------------------------------------------



1. How would you describe yourself in three words?

loyal, crazy and dedicated  


-------------------------------------------------------------------


2. When did you start as a DJ and how did it happen? 

I got my first set of decks when I was 14. I'd always had a fascination with dance music and culture so my mum (my biggest fan) got me my first set of decks. I used to skive off school and sit in record shops listening to all sorts of different dance music, from funky house to drum n bass.
For years i just used to mix in my bedroom making mixtapes for my mums car, then in 2009 I got my first live show with my good friend Krausey (another southwest producer). It was through my mates at Bridgwater Reggae Soundsystem, at one of there own events. From there, I didn't look back. Me and Krausey worked so hard, playing shows all over the UK and then eventually playing international shows. After just over a year we decided to start writing our own material. We now produce seperately and that seems to work way better for us as we have very different styles these days. 
Its great to see how far we've both come on our own.    


--------------------------------------------------------------


3. How did you end up getting into dubstep? 
 
 It was around 5 years ago. I was sat in the car with a friend and he played a tune. That was the first time I heard Benga. We heard word of a bass heavy night going on in a local town, Glastonbury. That's where I met The bridgwater Regae Soundsystem. as I stood there and listened to (now my good friend and producer) STUFF play this bass heavy amazing music i thought, "yes"!!!! that was it!  


-----------------------------------------------------------------

 


4. What do you think about people saying its just a trend? 

 
 Well, like any form of music, as soon as kids see it as being "cool", its called a trend. Dubstep and "bass music" always has and always will evolve. Look at drum n bass, its been huge for years and years, will it dissapear because a few kids think its cool???? It just keeps coming back for more. I personaly think things are starting to swing to the 130bpm genres. Breaks should really take advantage of this as "dubstep sounds" on a 2 step rythm sounds fantastic and exciting. Fidget, bassline and filthy breaks are gunna make a huge impact in 2012. But i truely believe dubstep's here to stay.  
 

------------------------------------------------------------------


5. Which was your favorite club you worked so far and why?
 
  I couldn't choose just one! I've played all over the world and there's so many amazing places! I think the number one for me is Motion Bristol, UK, its an amazingly special and unique place that will always have my heart. Another one is a place in Indio, California called The Date Shed, I played there on my 24th birthday and it was an amazing night. Lastly I have to say Brickyard in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, I played there last year when i was on tour with Dj Chamber and that place is nuts! The people are amazing! So good we wrote a collaboration track together and named it "Brickyard". 
It will be on my new "Devolution EP", out January 2012. 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
6. What do you hate and what do you love most about being a DJ?
 
 People think I'm big headed and I'm just after all the girls. I'm not at all. I love music and love what I do. Its a blessing to stand there, play your own production and see crowds go mental. 
I'm so lucky to get that.  


----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
7. Anything you want people to know about yourself..Wanna tell us a secret?
 
  I have 61 kinda egg toys on my fireplace at home.
I'm a hopeless romantic.
I've always wanted to see Celine Dion live!
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
8. Where does your name come from? 
 
  I spent a summer in Spain a few years ago and the security staff called me "la luka" everytime I went there. So when I came home and needed a name, that's what came into my head. 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
9. What are your future plans..goals..where do you see yourself in a few years? 
 
 Well, all I'm concentrating on is making good music. I'm working with some very talented artist so I'm very lucky. I have EP's being released on "mutated sound", I have singles coming out with vocalists that i'm very excited about, and finaly my album that i've been working on for over a year and will probably be still working on it for a further year or so. 
More tours are definatly up there on my list aswell.  
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
10. Last very important question....Imagine the apocalypse is about to happen and the world is going down in one day. What would you do on your last day on earth? 

I would get my mate 4sight who i live with to take his 12k of turbosound into the street and form a road block with a stage. i would have a massive party with everyone who wants to be there. And of course my mum would have to be there because shes my best friend. 
Also my ex girlfriend as well cos shes pretty cool. 
 
  Lastly i just want to say a big thank you to all the people that have supported me and my music!  
 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment