Thursday, August 23, 2012

+++ AURIELLE Interview +++



 
 
 

Aurielle / 27 / NYC/LA
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
1. Please introduce yourself and tell us about your passion.

Hi, I'm Aurielle, I've been modeling for about 7 years, I'm also a singer-songwriter :) 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
2. How was growing up for you and when did you decide to become a singer?
 
I grew up watching Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson videos & having two parents that were very music oriented. I think I relate music to happiness for that reason. I have been singing since middle school. I also play the piano. I did lots of musicals and talents shows in highschool & participated in chorus also. I started writing music about 6 years ago, but just recently picked it back up aggressively 2 years ago. The music industry scared me a little bit for a while, but I'd say I've grown into myself as a woman & have seen a lot living in the "big city" & am finally thick skinned enough to handle what comes my way.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3. What inspires you most to write a song?
And what is your favorite topic you like to sing about?
 
I guess what inspires me to write music, is what inspires me to listen to it. I'm a romantic artist at heart & my heartache & passion for love is fun to write about. it's like an outlet...
 


 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
4. Your style is rad, very colorful and cute. It seems also influenced by the 90s.
Is that your favorite era?
 
 Ahh thank you!!! yeah i LOVE the 90's. I also love the late 50's early 60's era. I kinda get lost in the past sometimes...I'm so inspired by art & artists that came from those times. I feel like being stylish is about embracing things you love in your own way.
 



 
 
 
 

 
 

5. How do you feel about the modern music industry?
 
 I have mixed feelings..but I love that independent artists can have a voice through social networking. I also love to see some artists make a difference through their music & how they treat their fans.
 
 


 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
6. Which artists can we find on your itunes? Tell us some favorites...
 
 Drake, Rick Ross, Lana Del Rey, Frank Ocean, Little Dragon, Desire, Kavinskyy, 2chainz, Fleetwood Mac, Sade, Bob Marley, Carly Simon, the beatles, Aaliyah, TONS of 90's tunes... I could go on....
 
 


 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
7. You are a very beautiful young lady and also model. What was your favorite job so far?
 
thank you so much again!! my favorite job so far... has to have been the time I shot with David LaChappelle... he's a legend in my eyes & an extraordinary artist. I worked on his "Chain of life" piece as a model, that was released last July & will be featured in his new book. it was the first & only time I have shot as a model nude, but I think it was totally classy & worth it. Being around David that day was pretty much the best day of my career. He was very close with Michael Jackson & we shot about a year after he passed..& he played Michael's music during our whole shoot.
 


 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
8. If you could travel anywhere you want.. Where would it be and why?
 
 I would love to go to Paris & Tokyo. I dig fashion a lottttttt, & I have yet to go overseas. Those are on my list. I'd like to go to Greece too!!
 



 
 
 
 
 



 
 
9. The video to "close your eyes" is very lovely and the song has dub step parts in it...which I like a lot. What can we expect from your upcoming songs?
 
 My new music, which will be released in the fall is more vibey and mellow..with a little more "swag". Close your eyes was a fresh young song that really described how I was feeling at the time when we wrote the song.





 
 
 



 
 
10. Tell us about your future plans? Where do you see yourself in a few years?
 
 I have been traveling so much lately & I hope for more of that. Finishing my EP, and hopefully touring soon! In a few years, I hope to still be making music, & modeling... and to be settled down a little more maybe a BOYFRIEND? Husband? something! haha....I've been so busy that part of my life is pretty much non-existent.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
TUMBLR / SOUNDCLOUD / TWITTER / FACEBOOK / VIMEO

Instagram: @auriellexo
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment