Tuesday, October 9, 2012

+++ LORDS OF SALEM review +++







First off all Id like to say for everyone that hasnt seen it yet go and watch it but try not to have any expectations and also dont think it will be like his other movies. Because its not! I'm a huge Rob Zombie fan and I watched all his movies several times and can never get sick of it. My favorite is the devils rejects by far though. Although he also did a great job on the Halloween movies as well.

Anyway when I saw that the Lords of Salem is playing at the horror filmfest in Sitges I was beyond excited and it was my first choice out of all the other movies they were showing. Unfortunately I had too much expectations and that is probably the problem now. When I heard about the story I was rather excited. I lived in Boston for awhile and have been visiting Salem myself. I loved the city and it's charm. And the history about the witches of Salem is very interesting to me. Since there were movies made already about that topic I figured that Zombie would top all of them by far and if we talk about the shocking element and the rawness he definitely did.

But let me tell what bothered me. The movie started out pretty slow. I was missing the action and waiting impatiently for some shock moments. I like the building up part but I need to get some feel during that to keep me interested. Sheri Moon Zombie plays the biggest part in the movie and although she does some great acting in this one I wanted to see more of the other actors. The story was rather weak and not detailed enough for my taste. Also you get rather confused during some scenes as you don't know what's real or what's a dream sequence, if she's on drugs or just imagining it. I do like having to think about what's going on sometimes but not if it just leaves you with a constant question mark over your head. The last 15 minutes probably killed it and made it way better but that can't save the whole movie. The end is very confusing and didn't satisfy me at all though. Lets just say I love the whole look of the movie. Like all of Zombies movies they are just cool as fuck. Sheri Moon's style is awesome and I'd love to steal her wardrobe! You'll see people and some very unexpected scenarios. Oh and the music is definitely another cool thing. I will have to watch it again and I will. I might like it better when I'm sitting at home in my cave watching it. Also have to add that it was a nice surprise to see two of the witches at the showing. The actresses Dee Wallace and Meg Foster were introducing themselves and seemed rather cool. Just watch it and if you're a Rob Zombie fan I'm sure you'll like it either way.





No comments:

Post a Comment